Friday, October 23, 2009
The Cake
My nephew turns 3 on Sunday. I was unable to attend his birthday party last weekend, so my sister is bringing him to my house for the weekend. I had a late day at work and fell behind on things I needed to accomplish. I still wanted to bake my nephew a birthday cake before he gets here (any minute). So I just finished frosting the ugliest cake I have every seen. The cake fell apart when I removed it from the pan. I didn't have enough frosting to cover up the ugliness of the cake and it is lopsided and will be lucky to remain on the platter until my nephew gets here. I assure you it will taste amazing even if it looks a little unappetizing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Day of Mushing Awoke this morning in front of the cast iron cook stove. The heat warming my feet brings a smile to my face. I...
-
A Day of Mushing Awoke this morning in front of the cast iron cook stove. The heat warming my feet brings a smile to my face. I...
-
My nephew turns 3 on Sunday. I was unable to attend his birthday party last weekend, so my sister is bringing him to my house for the weeke...
-
P & I adopted our first dog together. We researched all kinds of breeds to see what would fit best into our life. In the end, P found...
2 comments:
Jill, it's perfect!
Jane,
Lucas thought it tasted great. That is the important part!
Post a Comment