Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mineral Point B&B

P & I are always on the lookout for fantastic local brews. Just last weekend we decided to travel to Mineral Point for a day. We had dinner and drinks at Mineral Point Brewery. They had the best Porter I have tasted in a long time. I also enjoyed the pale ale. We always like to try something new so we ordered Pickled Herring for an appetizer. My grandmother used to eat pickled herring every year for christmas and all I remembered was it smelled bad. But you have to expand your palate and to my surprise it was delicious! I had a delicious Grilled Salmon Salad with bacon and blue cheese for my entree. It was delicious. We stayed at the Bed and Breakfast located on the second floor of the brewery. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. The next morning we ate at the Red Rooster. They have been serving customers for 30 years and they are known for their Cornish Pasty. It took P two seconds to decide that was breakfast.




No comments:

A Day of Mushing Awoke this morning in front of the cast iron cook stove.  The heat warming my feet brings a smile to my face.  I...