Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Knife Class

I have been enjoying cooking more in the past year than ever before. I enjoy the grocery shopping, spending time in the kitchen and of coarse eating. I lack many skills (and sometimes proper equipment) in the kitchen but always seem to make the best of it. Last week I tried to make spaetzle without a spaetzle maker. Disaster - no, proper technique - of coarse not, edible and even delicious dinner - yes.

A friend of mine wanted to take a class to learn how to utilize her knife set. As any good friend would I got excited and decided to join also. Last night from about 7-10pm we spend cutting everything from apples to onions, carrots and strawberries at Wisconsin Cutlery and Kitchen Supply. It was so much fun. The best part is we learned proper technique and neat tips and tricks to make our food cook more evenly and look aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

A Day of Mushing Awoke this morning in front of the cast iron cook stove.  The heat warming my feet brings a smile to my face.  I...