Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Goodbye


A piece of me has gone today,
A friend of mine has gone away.

Once clumsy and youthful
Now loyal and wise.
There is no mistaking the pain in your eyes.

Asleep on the bed
Waiting for me to arrive
An animated greeting only you could contrive.

Silent and strong
You lick away my tears
Believing your job is to alleviate my fears.

Today as you leave you take part of me too
Thank you for your years of friendship
There is no more for you to do.


1 comment:

lilmack3562 said...

Oh my. I am so sorry for your loss. I read your blog post title and my throat caught. He was such a specail boy. THey never live long enough. Basically when you finally have them perfect, is about the time they get sick. Such a neat boy. My heart goes out to you. -Holly

A Day of Mushing Awoke this morning in front of the cast iron cook stove.  The heat warming my feet brings a smile to my face.  I...